Yummy Brand Chicken Nuggets May Contain Metal Pieces

By Admin on March 10, 2016 | Last updated on March 21, 2019

If you're a fan of Yummy brand chicken nuggets, it's time to find a new snack. The Canadian frozen chicken product, manufactured by Maxi Canada, Inc. and sold in the US, is being recalled in both countries after Canadian authorities shared some scary news. The company's chicken nuggets may contain some not-so-yummy metal pieces.

The initial complaint about foreign objects in the chicken nuggets actually come from an American consumer, reports Food Safety News. Maxi Canada initiated a recall on March 5, informing Canadian authorities. Now the US Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) has issued a public health alert here.

No Injuries

As of now there have been no injuries reported due to the possible presence of metal in the chicken. Still, more than 150,000 pounds of chicken products are being taken off the market.

The recalled chicken nuggets were reportedly produced in July 2015, and imported to the United States between July 30 and March 5 this year. Only products with the following labeling information are subject to the public health alert:

  • 38-ounce (2.975-lb) boxes of Yummy brand fully cooked "CHICKEN BREAST NUGGETS"
  • Nugget-Shaped Chicken Breast Patty Fritters with rib meat
  • BEST IF USED BY DATE 07/17/17
  • UPC number 064563225782.

Yummy brand chicken nuggets are sold throughout the United States at retailers such as Kroger, Wal-Mart, and Safeway. Consumers are urged to throw away an affected product if they find one or to return it to the store where it was purchased.

Could Be Worse

Considering that chicken-related recalls are usually associated with salmonella or some other kind of food poisoning, this news coming from Canada is not terrible. But if you are a chicken nugget snacker, take a moment to check your product's packaging to ensure that you don't run the risk of swallowing a foreign object.


If you are injured by this product or any other, speak to a lawyer. Many injury attorneys consult for free or a minimal fee and will be happy to assess your claim.

Related Resources:

Copied to clipboard