Tesla Model S: For Attorneys Who Need a Super Fast Electric Car
Green is the future, and the Tesla Model S electric sedan might just be a part of yours.
Tesla Motors opened up its Fremont, California factory this weekend to customers who have already preordered the car. Buyers were treated to a sneak peek along with a much-coveted test ride in one of the company's prototypes.
And lucky for you, reports from the event paint a picture of a car perfect for the BigLaw associate.
In addition to a compressed banana leaf veneer and other eco-friendly materials, the Tesla Model S boasts:
1. An engine that goes 0 to 60 mph in 4.5 seconds. This is perfect for those days when you absolutely cannot wait to get away from the office.
2. A 5-hour recharge time. Plug it in, take a nap, and get back to work. Isn't that how it usually goes?
3. A 160 to 320 mile range, depending on the battery pack. Who has time to go home anyway?
4. A vertical 17 inch in-dash LCD display that takes up the entire center console. That's bigger than an iPad, and absolute brilliant for those who either:
- Have destroyed their eyesight after hours of document review;
- Would like to bill hours while out on a date; or
- Can afford high-coverage liability insurance for the inevitable accident.
What's even better is that the Tesla Model S only costs between $57,000 and $87,000. It's both significantly cheaper than your typical status car and a whole lot cooler.
- A glimpse at the future in Tesla's Model S Beta 1 (CBS)
- Why Aren't You Billing at $1,250 Per Hour? (FindLaw's Greedy Associates)
- Spring Bonuses Waste of Money, Don't Affect Loyalty, Survey Says (FindLaw's Greedy Associates)