Michael Lohan Arrested Just 12 Hours After Jail Release

By Cynthia Hsu, Esq. on October 27, 2011 | Last updated on March 21, 2019

Michael Lohan was arrested for the second time just hours after his release on domestic violence charges. The man, who's biggest claim to fame is being Lindsay Lohan's father, tried to elude police in a rather clever way.

He jumped out of a third story balcony. Maybe the reality TV star thought he was auditioning for the role of "fugitive" on Cops.

Some reports have Lohan falling into a tree. Others say that he simply fell onto some wooden high chairs. Though it seems these facts don't really matter. What matters is that generally, running from the police is not a good idea. 

This after reports that he previously tried to get away from police by skipping out of a hospital in his ER gown.

Also not a good idea? Violating a judge's orders to stay away from the woman you're accused of battering. Seems Lindsay's father has had a lot of bad ideas this week.

All states have statutes that allow for orders of protection, such as restraining orders. These orders can bar alleged abusers from contacting or calling their victim and their families.

Lohan got into trouble with police because he violated the order from the judge forbidding him from contacting Kate Major, his on-again off-again girlfriend. Lohan is accused of pushing and grabbing her. Apparently Mr. Lohan was upset that Major refused to have sex with him, gossip rag TMZ reports.

The "star" allegedly made a harassing phone call to Major immediately after he was released from jail Wednesday over the domestic violence charge.

Unsurprisingly, Major reported the phone call to the police. That's why authorities went over to Lohan's motel to arrest him, according to The Wall Street Journal.

And why Michael Lohan ended up diving down three stories. Lindsay Lohan's father will be back behind bars as soon as he gets checked out at a local hospital. He says he injured his foot in the fall.

Related Resources:

Copied to clipboard