Man Wields a Cow Bone in Hawaii Bar Fight
Gregory Haas might forever be known as the man who used a cow bone during a fight.
The 45-year-old man injured four men using the large thighbone. The attack occurred outside a Kailua-Kona bar in Hawaii on Christmas Eve.
When police arrived, Haas indicated that he found the cow femur somewhere in a pasture in Kona. Police said that Haas appeared intoxicated.
The attack was reportedly unprovoked. Four men were injured. Two were sent to the hospital for treatment. The other two men were hurt, but did not require medical attention.
Haas has now been charged with first-degree assault and three counts of second-degree assault. Under Hawaii law, first-degree assault charges are levied against defendants who cause serious bodily injury to another .
It's definitely a strange set of facts. Even the police agreed. "This is the first that I have experienced an assault taking place with what appears to be an animal bone," said Lt. Gerald Wike to the Associated Press.
Sure, attacking someone with a cow bone is strange. But it's not the oddest thing to assault someone with. Some other strange news-worthy assaults and "weapons" from recent years include:
- A Texas woman who assaulted someone with a frozen armadillo.
- A disgruntled spa patron in Iowa City that attacked an employee with a towel.
- A Florida woman who used a sex toy to assault her girlfriend.
- A Florida woman that committed assault and "butter"-y by flinging butter at her roommate.
Don't you agree that the world is simply amazing?
As for Gregory Haas, a hearing has been scheduled for later this week. The man who used a cow bone during a fight was being held in jail on $55,000 bail.
- Man attacks four outside Kona bar with cow's femur, police say (Honolulu Star-Advertiser)
- Elements of Assault (FindLaw)
- Sex Toy Assault: Woman Attacks Cop With 'Pleasure Device' (FindLaw's Legally Weird)
- 'Bang Bus' Porn Star Arrested with Goats, Ducks, Guinea Hens in Miami Van (FindLaw's Legally weird)