Florida Mom Sells Drugs From Baby Stroller, Gets Busted
West Palm Beach police charged a mom with drug possession, attempting to sell drugs, and child abuse after she was found with drugs and drug paraphernalia in her child's stroller. Briana Sue Hoxter also allegedly admitted to snorting Alprazolam (sold as Xanax) while pushing her baby around in a stroller full of heroin. (This is not to be confused with the Edmonton mom who was busted in March for hiding GHB, crystal meth, and crack cocaine in her 18-month-old baby's stroller.)
This got us reminiscing on some other outlandish parent-child-drug stories, so here are a few of our favorites:
Babies Know Best
- Meth-Cooking Mom Busted by 7-Year-Old Son: A Florida boy narc'ed on his mom, who had a mobile meth lab in the trunk of her car, and was even able to describe her cooking process.
- Dad Hides Pot in Baby's Diaper, Gets Busted by Daycare: One Texas dad was charged with abandoning or endangering a child when he tried to conceal a small bag of marijuana in a spare diaper, only to be found by daycare worker who was changing the baby.
- Easter 'Buddy' Gift: Mom Finds Weed in Walmart Playset: This time, an Oregon mom got a little something extra with her child's Easter present after she found a few baggies of weed in the "Smart Shots Sports Center" playset.
- Baby Food Bandits Nabbed After Highway Chase: Who knew the black market for baby food was so lucrative? Or that powdered baby formula can be used to cut cocaine or heroin? Well, these two Californians who were caught trying to make off with a trunk-full of baby formula.
These Moms Are the Worst
And from the not-so-funny "Don't Do Meth While Pregnant or Breastfeeding" department:
- Meth Baby's Mom Arrested for Drug Assault While Pregnant: A Tennessee was charged after her baby tested positive for amphetamines.
- CA Mom in Meth Breast Milk Case Pleads Guilty: The mother had been charged with murder after her six-week old son died of methamphetamine toxicity.
The mantra applies to kids and their parents: don't do drugs.
- Girl, 9, Tattles on Pothead Parents in Minn. (FindLaw's Legally Weird)
- Poppy Seed Bagel Caused Mom to Fail Drug Test, Lose Custody (FindLaw's Legally Weird)
- Mom Tries to Sell Baby to Craigslist Contact (FindLaw Blotter)
- Teen Drug 'Czar' Gets 6 Mos. for $3M Pot Ring (FindLaw Blotter)