Blackwater Employees Indicted on Manslaughter Charges
Employees of Blackwater Worldwide, a U.S. contractor hired by the Department of State to provide personal security services in Iraq, have been indicted by a federal grand jury on manslaughter charges. They are accused of killing unarmed Iraqi civilians in Baghdad at the Nisur Square traffic circle on September 16, 2007. Read the Indictment: U.S. v. Paul Alvin Slough, et al.
- Read the Blackwater Indictment: U.S. v. Paul Alvin Slough, et al. (FindLaw)
- FBI Press Release on Blackwater Employee Indictments (FBI.gov)
- Transcript of DOJ Press Conference on Blackwater Indictments (DOJ.gov)
- Blackwater Drama Unfolds on 2 Cross-Country Stages (AP/FindLaw)
- Criminal Information against Sixth Blackwater Guard Jeremy Ridgeway (who has pled guilty) (FindLaw) [PDF file]
- Facts Proferred by Ridgeway in Support of His Guilty Plea (FindLaw)