Adrienne Maloof's Christmas Party Busted by Cops, but Why?
Former "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" star Adrienne Maloof threw a Christmas party that was spreading so much yuletide cheer that it got shut down by Beverly Hills police.
But why the ho-ho po-pos bust her bash?
Maloof's star-studded holiday bash involved a little too much merriment for her neighbors' taste. They ended up calling the cops on her shindig for excessive noise and out-of-control lines. Soon after the party was dead, reports TMZ.
The line for the party snaked from one side of the block to another at the Mulholland Estates, a very exclusive Beverly Hills community. You know you've invited too many people when you can't fit your guests inside your McMansion...
Unfortunately for Maloof, her party was disturbing her neighbors and violated local noise ordinances. Beverly Hills residents must reduce amplified sound between 10 pm and 8 am, meaning you shouldn't be able to hear a peep from outside a home during those hours.
Lessons for Throwing a Holiday Bash
Learn from Maloof's party disaster by taking the following steps to keep your neighbors happy:
Be reasonable about the noise and the hour. The best way to avoid having your soiree shut down is to be mindful of your city noise ordinance -- especially in
uptightposh areas like Beverly Hills.
- Give your neighbors advance notice about your party (along with an invite!). One week before the party, let your neighbors know about your party plans. Mentally prepare them for more people on the street and probably more noise than usual. They might be more amenable to your plans if they're on the guest list!
- Don't invite too many people. At the end of the day, you're responsible for your guests. When you crowd your home with too many guests, you're increasing the odds of premises liability or social host liability. That certainly put a damper on your holiday cheer.
This holiday season, give your neighbors the gift that keeps on giving: Don't be a nuisance.
- The Cops Are The Grinch! Adrienne Maloof's Christmas Party To Collect Toys For Children Shut Down (Radar Online)
- 'Real Housewives' Set Bad Example: Does Reality TV Encourage Bullying? (FindLaw's Celebrity Justice)
- 'Real Housewives' Star Porsha Williams Is Finally Divorced (FindLaw's Celebrity Justice)
- 'Real Housewives' Stars Indicted on Fraud, Conspiracy Charges (FindLaw's Celebrity Justice)