Actress Lindsay Lohan Must Wear Alcohol Monitoring Bracelet
Though her new accessory may not be very fashionable, a judge has ordered Lindsay Lohan to wear an alcohol monitoring bracelet.
Superior Court Judge Marsha Revel said Lindsay Lohan must wear the monitoring bracelet on her ankle and will be required to report to drug testing every week in the Los Angeles area.
Lohan appeared in court with her attorney, Shawn Chapman Holley, recently to request that the restrictions on the drug testing in Los Angeles be eased as the actress is scheduled to begin filming a movie in Texas.
The judge did not grant the request and said that the movie project may have to be delayed. In addition, a probation violation hearing was set for July 6.
As previously discussed, bail was posted for Lindsay Lohan, 23, and her arrest warrant was then rescinded.
Lohan had been in Cannes and the French Riviera. At a court hearing, attorney Shawn Chapman Holley explained to the judge that Lohan's passport had been stolen.
Lohan was scheduled to appear in court and missed a mandatory hearing. Her bail was set at $100,000.
As previously discussed, Lohan had been on probation since 2007, after pleading guilty to misdemeanor counts of being under the influence of cocaine; no contest to two counts of driving with a blood-alcohol level above 0.08 percent and one count of reckless driving.
Lohan's new bail conditions will now include random weekly drug testing. She also must attend all of her alcohol classes as scheduled.
- New bail conditions for Lindsay Lohan (CNN)
- Superior Court Judge Issues Actress Lindsay Lohan Warrant for Arrest (FindLaw's Celebrity Justice)
- Superior Court Judge Orders Lindsay Lohan to Court or Else (FindLaw's Celebrity Justice)
- Violating Terms of Probation May Land Actress Lindsay Lohan in Jail (FindLaw's Celebrity Justice)
- DUI Overview (provided by Trenton H. Chambers, P.A.)
- DUI: Impact on Insurance (provided by Matt Bodman, P.A.)